HAMBURG, NY (WFLA) - A 5-year-old boy is dead after what police are calling a tragic accident on Thanksgiving.
Police in Hamburg, New York say the young boy's father accidentally backed into him with a car in the driveway of their home. It happened around 2 p.m. on Thursday.
The 5-year-old was rushed to a nearby children's hospital where he later died.
Authorities have not released any additional details but say there's no indication drugs or alcohol played any kind of role in the accident.
The family is not being identified.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Driver sentenced for DUI crash that killed man on Mother's Day 2017
- Groundbreaking in Bay Minette promises 66 new jobs
- Some Christmas events rescheduled to Sunday
- Man arrested in connection to Bayou La Batre business robberies