National

18 hospitalized from feces exposure at party, toddler in intensive care

NORTH CAROLINA (CNN) - A party goes very, very wrong in Charlotte, North Carolina.

33 people ended up going to the hospital and 18 of them had to be admitted because of food contaminated by feces.

It happened at a birthday party at an apartment complex over the weekend.

Officials say it appears improper hand-washing caused a highly contagious bacterial contamination of the food.

Of those sickened, at least one child, a two-year-old, ended up in the intensive care unit.


Trending Stories

Mobile County

Baldwin County

Northwest Florida