MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) - A popular restaurant in the Southeast is bringing a location to the Gulf Coast. Cook Out is opening a store in Mobile, Alabama, according to Vallas Realty who helped negotiate the sale.
Cook Out will be moving into the former PDQ restaurant at 116 South University Boulevard, which is near the campus of the University of South Alabama.
The privately-owned restaurant chain from North Carolina currently has locations in 10 different states. In Alabama, Cook Out has locations in Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Huntsville, and Jacksonville. They are also opening up stores in Troy and Opelika, along with the new location in Mobile.
The fast-food chain is best-known for its drive-thru bar-be-que, burgers, and more than 40 different milkshake flavors.
Many people on the Gulf Coast have been hoping for a Cook Out location to open in the Port City. There was even a Twitter account with the handle, "Bring Cook Out to Mobile, Alabama!".
The final tweet from the account after the news broke, "Good night
@CookOut fans of Mobile! When you wake up tomorrow morning....this was not just a dream. This is really happening and the countdown begins until the doors open!"
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Grand Hotel to reach milestone at month's end
- Now Hiring: Buc-ee's posts job listings for Baldwin County travel center
- Missing Daphne teen found safe
- Daphne Police release surveillance photos showing missing teen, unidentified woman