MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) - Mobile Police have identified the man accused of stealing a car with a toddler inside.
Jonathon Spitzer was booked into Metro Jail around 2:30 a.m. Friday on charges of reckless endangerment and theft of property.
As News 5 reported Thursday night, the suspect allegedly stole the car from the Energize gas station on Schillinger Road around 8:20 p.m. while the child's mother was inside the station.
Police later found the toddler safe at the Raceway gas station about a mile away.
Officials talk about air show
Community shows support for #TeamAnthony
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Community rallies behind teen severely injured in bus crash
- Crash involving motorcycle on Highway 90
- Woman stabs man then flees the scene
- Bayou Shelter holds fundraiser to restore facility
- 11 rescued from sinking boat near Pensacola
- WATCH: Blue Angels Full Air Show on Saturday
- People pack Pensacola Beach for Blue Angel rehearsal
- Traffic stop turns into wild chase