MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) - A new music festival kicks off this evening in Downtown Mobile. The MOB Music Festival will be held in Cathedral Square and in other music venues in the Downtown area.
The festival features musical acts from various genres, including rock, R&B, alternative, country, jazz, hip-hop, indie, brass band, gospel and more. Organizers say the goal is to showcase the talents of artists who are often overlooked and this is a great way for these musicians to get in front of new audiences. Festival organizers hope to get 10,000 people to attend the inaugural MOB Music Festival.
"I am so excited this will be held in the heart of the Gulf Coast, Downtown Mobile to not only showcase talent through all different genres of music but the arts as well," says Candace Houston, with MOB Music Festival. "It will also be an opportunity to bring multiple individuals together in the community with hopes to have everyone on one accord- that's what MOB Fest is about".
The event is free and open to the public.
More information: https://www.facebook.com/mobmusicfest/
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Fundraiser Saturday for woman killed in June Bayway crash
- Surviving the heat in Baldwin County
- Swimming advisory issued for public beach in Fairhope
- Man in jail in Escambia County suspect in Baldwin County robbery