MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) - Mobile Police Officer Justin Billa's family received a surprising letter in the mail recently.
The sender? The President of the United States and the first lady.
President Donald Trump sent his condolences to Billa's wife, Erin Billa, saying, "while no words can possibly console your family at this sorrowful time, we pray that you and your son, Taylor, are strengthened by the memory of Justin's enduring spirit and steadfast courage."
Erin Billa posted the letter to Facebook, saying Justin would have thought it was "the coolest thing," having a letter sent to him from the President himself. She said, "Always wishing you were here...but I know you're looking down at us smiling at how cool this is."
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Low voter turnout expected today
- Several heated GOP runoffs in Alabama
- College Student charged after hitting pedestrian
- Big stakes in Baldwin County runoff elections