UPDATE (5:30pm) -- The Mobile County Sheriff's Office has identified the driver arrested during a traffic stop where about half a million dollars worth of high-grade marijuana was seized as Adrian Jacob Macias, 24. Macias is currently being held in Mobile County Metro Jail.
MOBILE COUNTY, Ala. (WKRG) — Deputies seized about half a million dollars worth of high-grade marijuana during a traffic stop on I-10 on Friday.
The Mobile County Sheriff's Office pulled over a driver at around 11:00 a.m. who was traveling to Miami in a rental car.
Investigators say the 24-year-old from Colorado will be charged with trafficking marijuana, but they have not yet released his name.
The sheriff's office says it recovered 110 pounds of the high-grade pot. Each pound is valued at $4,500. A pound of regular marijuana is valued at closer to $300-$400.
During the traffic stop, deputies say they also seized about 1,200 of THC vape juice.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Rock N Fly at NAS attracts more than 1600 participants
- Deputies hoping to reunite toddler with parents
- New 'Wish You Were Here" mural in Pensacola
- Deputy: Florida man charged with stabbing, killing 3-year-old son