MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) - The Mobile County Sheriff's Office has arrested a man who was on the run from authorities for over a year who was charged with murder in a Prichard hit and run case in 2015.
35-year-old Charles Edward Dennis was arrested following a short police chase Monday that ended at 200 Seminole Street. WKRG was the only news station there when he was taken into custody.
Dennis was scheduled for a jury trial back in February 2017 after being arrested and charged with the murder of 20-year-old Anteesha Monique Erica Banks who was fatally hit by the car Dennis was driving, fleeing police in a car chase.
Anteesha Banks of Seminary Street in Prichard was killed instantly when Dennis plowed into her car on Prichard Ave near the intersection of Edison Street. Her 6-month old child was also in the car, seated in a child restraint seat and was apparently unharmed in the collision. The baby was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure.
Dennis has been booked into Mobile County Metro Jail and is charged with vehicular murder, possession of a stolen handgun, possession of controlled substances, reckless driving, leaving the scene of an accident with injury and a number of other charges.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Car fire in Mid-Town Mart parking lot
- Neighbors happy to hear Oakleigh moving forward
- Faith Time: Thanksgiving spirit
- Loud, tense protest outside Drag Queen Story Hour