THEODORE, Ala. (WKRG) - CrossFit gyms across the Gulf Coast are coming together to support fallen Mobile police officer Justin Billa's family.
On Saturday participating locations will host a workout of the day called "Billa." Anyone is welcome to participate on a donation basis. All funds raised will go directly to Officer Billa's family.
"We're all going to do the same workout at all of our own affiliates," said Cathleen Turner who owns Trust Athletics in Theodore. "Any donations we receive, we will all pool together and present the family with one large check at the end."
The workout can be modified so that anyone can participate. You don't have to have CrossFit experience.
Participating gyms aren't limited to South Alabama. Gyms in Pensacola and even one in Panama City will be hosting the "Billa" workout.
"We're really excited that so many people have wanted to jump in to try to help this family and it just shows that people are so supportive of our police officers and they're so thankful for everything that they do," said Turner.
Gyms participating include:
CrossFit Mobile, CrossFit Jacked, Trust Athletics, TFX CrossFit, CrossFit Stone, MobTown CrossFit, JH CrossFit, CrossFit Fairhope, CrossFit Strong Heart, CrossFit Saraland, CrossFit Eastern Shore, CrossFit Roadhouse, CrossFit Jubilee, CrossFit Spanish Fort, CrossFit SRC, CrossFit Orange Beach
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Fundraiser Saturday for woman killed in June Bayway crash
- Surviving the heat in Baldwin County
- Swimming advisory issued for public beach in Fairhope
- Man in jail in Escambia County suspect in Baldwin County robbery