THEODORE, Ala. (WKRG) --
UPDATE Sunday, January 13th 9:26 p.m.
Rena Philips with MCPSS tells News 5 a suspect has been arrested in connection to a threat against Theodore High School. The suspect is a teenager but not a student at T.H.S. The identity has not been released but they are being charged with making a terrorist threat.
Social media threats to Theodore High School do not appear to be valid, according to Chip Menton, Principal at Theodore High School.
The following was posted on the Theodore High School Facebook page on Sunday evening:
On Saturday, a threatening social media post was generated and delivered to the Theodore community concerning the presence of a weapon on campus Monday. The school system has worked with the Mobile Police Department during the investigation. At this time, the threat does not appear to be valid. However, the Mobile Police Department and school staff are taking precautionary actions to ensure school safety. School will continue on a regular schedule Monday.
- Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- BREAKING: Prichard Police make arrest in Trinity Gardens murder case
- Police: Mobile County mother helped son fake his own kidnapping
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Alleged burglars in Llanfair
- Thursday marks 6 months since Mobile mother was last seen