MOBILE, Ala (WKRG) - UPDATE: Prichard Police say the truck was spotted in the MLK area of Prichard and was wanted in connection with numerous burglaries in the area. They tried to pull the truck over, but the driver took off. The chase went over the causeway, then back through the tunnel into Mobile, to an area near Murphy High School. The car took a turn down a dead end and that's where the chase ended. Police say the chase did not reach high speeds, but there was debris flying off the trailer which was loaded with scrap metal. Police say the driver bailed, but they were able to catch him with help from Mobile Police. Police say that they have two people in custody, but only the driver has been arrested on charges because they aren't sure how the passenger was involved. Police say there was a third man in the truck initially. He was in the bed of the truck and got out once he realized the driver was going to run from police.
A police chase has ended near midtown Mobile. Police were chasing a pickup truck that was towing a trailer carrying scrap metal. The chase started in Prichard and ended at when the truck took a wrong turn onto a dead end street, Benedict Place. WKRG News 5 is LIVE on the scene and will continue to bring you local breaking news coverage you can count on. At least 2 people are in custody. A witness tells News 5 that the driver and a passenger bailed from the truck and tried to run away, but police were able to catch them. There's no word yet on why police were chasing the truck.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- UPDATE: Pensacola man arrested in connection to deadly hit and run in Loxley
- Fairhope doctor addresses CDC's "mystery illness" concerns
- Orange Beach girl diagnosed with rare illness
- Mobile Film Office happy about new projects along the Gulf Coast
- Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- ON THE ROAD: Minister trying to put own family back together after Michael
- Man shoots assault style weapon in Downtown Pensacola
- Man shot by deputy in Santa Rosa County
- Two teens and a Pensacola mother arrested in attempted murder conspiracy