UPDATE (1:49 p.m.) — According to the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department say the body of the missing Florida woman was recovered around 1:15 Friday afternoon.
Sheriff Mike Ezell says the body will be taken to Jackson for an autopsy on Tuesday, February 18. The crime scene is still being processed.
ST. MARTIN, MS. (WKRG) — A man from Ocean Springs, MS was placed into custody and charged with the murder of an unknown woman.
According to a release from the Jackson County Sheriff’s Department, Jackson County Sheriff’s Investigator, the District Attorney’s Office, the Mississippi State Medical Examiner, Jackson County Coroner, and the FBI Safe Streets Task Force are investigating a crime scene in the St. Martin community at 13120 Sweetbriar Street.
A Florida woman went missing in late October 2019. The sheriff’s investigators teamed up with the FBI Safe Streets Task Force and found evidence leading to a St. Martin home.
Phillip Allen York, 54-years-old is in custody at the Adult Detention Center.
This is an ongoing investigation and more details are to come as they become available.
- People magazine reveals its ‘2020 People of the Year’
- Naked stranger, feces-covered walls found inside Tennessee home
- Newsfeed Now: Who will get first COVID-19 vaccines; La. COVID patient receives help from across the country
- Hawaii couple who tested positive for COVID-19 is arrested after boarding flight
- Watch: Grandmother uses table to fight off violent restaurant customer