Unedited press release from MEMA
PEARL, Miss. – As the Coronavirus outbreak continues, Mississippi Blood Services has been forced to cancel numerous blood drives resulting in a blood shortage.
MEMA and the Mississippi State Department of Health encourage those that are able to donate make an appointment to give blood. All blood types are urgently needed at this time.
As of 9:00 AM Monday, March 16, 2020, 29 blood drives have been canceled, which accounted for 1,000 units of blood. Mississippi Blood Services will be adding community drives daily as cancellations occur.
Mississippi Blood Services is accepting donations at these locations throughout the day on Monday, March 16, 2020:
- St. Dominic Hospital on Lakeland Dr. in Jackson from 10AM to 4PM.
- Delta Regional Medical Center on Fairgrounds Rd. in Greenville from 12PM to 5PM.
- Walmart on Sgt. Prentiss Dr. in Natchez from 11AM to 4PM.
- Kroger on Pemberton Square Blvd. in Vicksburg from 2PM to 6PM.
- Walmart on Grand View Blvd in Madison from 10AM to 2PM.
- CVS on Hwy 51 N in Pontotoc from 12PM to 5PM
- MBS Oxford Location on W. Oxford Loop in Oxford from 9AM to 5PM.
- MBS Cleveland Location on N. Davis Ave. in Cleveland from 9AM to 5PM.
- MBS Main Center at 115 Tree St. in Flowood from 9AM to 5PM.
For more details on ways to donate visit the Mississippi Blood Services website: www.msblood.com or find a location near you by using the free mobile app. You can also call (601) 368-2673 for information.
- Bills fans donate to Lamar Jackson’s favorite charity following QB’s injury
- Bills advance to AFC championship with 17-3 win over Ravens
- Rodgers, Packers beat Rams 32-18 to reach NFC title game
- Dog returns to her family after a 12-year journey
- Retired north Alabama coach gets inducted into Baseball Hall of Fame