MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) - There is a disturbance in the Atlantic with a high chance of forming into a tropical or subtropical storm in the next 5 days.
The disturbance is located east of the Lesser Antilles and will continue on a northwestward track. We will not likely see any development within the next couple of days, but within the next week, there is a high chance this disturbance could form into a subtropical or tropical storm as it moves closer to the Lesser Antilles. The system will likely move north of Puerto Rico, Hispaniola, and the southeastern Bahamas.
This disturbance is not a threat to the News 5 Area.
You can track any numbered or named tropical system on the free News 5 Weather App.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man accused of killing Faith Academy teacher in court Wednesday
- BREAKING: Moe's Southwest Grill in West Mobile robbed
- Popular youth football coach passes away
- Habitat for Humanity of Southwest AL receives $180,00 grant from Wells Fargo