JACKSON COUNTY, Miss. (WKRG) - Mississippi Highway Patrol officials released the identity of the victims in Thursday morning's crash in Jackson County.
The crash occurred on Highway 614 near Otis Cooper Road at 6 a.m. and claimed the life of 31-year-old Ashley S. Killingsworth from Moss Point, Miss. and 54-year-old Kevin M. Hyatt from Mobile, according to MHP officials.
When officials arrived on the scene, they said it appeared Kevin Hyatt was traveling west on Highway 614 in a maroon 2009 Honda Pilot. The Honda crossed the center line, entered the eastbound lane, and crashed head-on with a 2016 Ford Expedition traveling eastbound, according to the accident report. The driver of the Ford was Ashley Killingsworth.
Highway officials say both drivers were pronounced dead at the scene.
There were three passengers in the Ford who were transported to USA Medical Center, according to the report. Their conditions are unknown.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Okaloosa county man charged with soliciting sex from a child
- Milton man wounded by shotgun blast during home invasion
- Family: "We are looking for a miracle." Pensacola boaters still missing
- Search continues for three Pensacola boaters