MOBILE. Ala (WKRG) - Federal red snapper season for recreational fishing will span 47 days in 2018 and 2019. According to a press release from Alabama Representative Bradley Byrne:
The 2018 Red Snapper season in Alabama will run from June 1 through September 3, with Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays open to fishing. The entire week of the Fourth of July (June 30 through July 8) will also be open for Red Snapper fishing.
The announcement of a 47 day Red Snapper season comes following approval of Alabama’s exempted fishing permit (EFP) by the Department of Commerce.
- Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
- Search on for missing Special Forces soldier
- USO collecting supplies for Coast Guard families
- Allegiant Air announces non-stop flights from Destin-Fort Walton Beach to Omaha and Tulsa
- Pensacola man charged with molesting 13-year-old girl