MOODY, Ala. (WIAT) — Today, family and friends from across Alabama will gather in Moody to remember the life and legacy of Lt. Stephen Williams.
Williams, who worked over 20 years in law enforcement, was shot and killed in the line of duty while responding to a disturbance call at the Super 8 Motel in Moody June 2.
He left behind a wife and three childre. Williams served with the Moody Police Department for three years and previously worked in the Bessemer and Alabaster police departments.
The viewing will start at 9 a.m. while the memorial will begin at 11 a.m.
- Foundation honoring Stockton teen killed in crash makes first official donation
- Democrats support President Joe Biden’s executive orders, Republicans critical of changes
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- Bill O’Brien named new Crimson Tide offensive coordinator
- Fired Texas doctor allegedly stole COVID-19 vaccine