A kindergarten student brought a gun to school Friday morning, according to a Pittsburgh Public Schools spokeswoman.
A staff member at Allegheny K-5 in the city’s North Side neighborhood was helping at the building’s metal detector and found the gun in the student’s bag, according to district spokeswoman Ebony Pugh.
The incident was reported to the state’s child abuse reporting hotline. Pugh said families would be notified.
- Searches for ‘When does the debate end’ spike 3,000 percent as candidates wrap up final confrontation
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Week 7 best bets: Ride with Saints, Bucs to win
- Caught on camera: Arizona border agents expel 14 migrants into desolate desert town in Mexico
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown