(KRON) – Ireland’s government has canceled all of the country’s St. Patrick’s Day parades due to the novel coronavirus, according to reports.
The decision for the March 17 events came from a Cabinet subcommittee meeting, The Irish Times reported.
The outlet previously reported that government officials were worried about the possibility of “widespread closures and cancellations” fueling “public panic.”
The Westmeath Examiner also confirmed the news.
- Veterans Voices: Navy sailor creates nonprofit to bring joy to active duty service members
- Introducing GCCW’s October Super Fan: Gamer and Entrepreneur, Tommy Wetjen!
- Not ‘I’ but ‘we’: The key to victory for one World War II veteran
- ‘Lead from the front’: Vietnam combat veteran shares lessons in leadership
- Stimulus checks: Any chance we get $1,200 direct payments in October?