MCCOMB, Miss. (AP) — A stray billy goat has made himself the guardian of a church in southwestern Mississippi.
People in the McComb area are calling it the “Holy Goat.”
The Enterprise-Journal reports that the animal has been hanging out on the steps of Rose Bower Missionary Baptist Church.
Associate minister Larry Thomas says the congregation has not been meeting during the coronavirus pandemic, so the goat is not bothering anybody.
A nearby resident, Anita Campbell, says the goat looks like “a regal king.” Her son, Greyson, said: “Goat might be a Baaaptist.”
- Video appears to show tsunami waves arriving in New Zealand
- Pensacola man who shot intruder inside his home tells his story
- ‘She was so little:’ Mom delivers premature ‘miracle’ baby in car during Texas storm
- Mennonite farmers say U.S. won’t let them in from Mexico to buy equipment
- Fraudulent unemployment claims rise as tax deadline approaches — What you need to do