UPDATE 2/29/20 12:15 PM A project to widen Highway 31 in Spanish Fort reopens ahead of schedule. The section from Rita Avenue to Wakefield Drive closed Friday night. It was supposed to continue through Sunday evening. As of midday Saturday the project is finished.
ORIGINAL STORY: SPANISH FORT, Ala. (WKRG) – Those traveling through Spanish Fort over the coming weekend will find it difficult as construction continues on the Highway 31 widening project.
Beginning on Friday at 9 p.m., Highway 31 will be closed from Rita Avenue to Wakefield Drive. The closure will last until 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Drivers will need to use I-10 or Highway 90 as a detour during that time.
- House fire reported in Stockton
- Pumpkin Volcano Halloween Science Experiment!
- BIKER DAD: Best biker Halloween costume ever? Couple dress as bison, woman depantsed at Sturgis
- Battling false information: Where to go for facts before Election Day
- Chilly night on the Gulf Coast, Spooktacular Halloween Weather