UPDATE 2/29/20 12:15 PM A project to widen Highway 31 in Spanish Fort reopens ahead of schedule. The section from Rita Avenue to Wakefield Drive closed Friday night. It was supposed to continue through Sunday evening. As of midday Saturday the project is finished.
ORIGINAL STORY: SPANISH FORT, Ala. (WKRG) – Those traveling through Spanish Fort over the coming weekend will find it difficult as construction continues on the Highway 31 widening project.
Beginning on Friday at 9 p.m., Highway 31 will be closed from Rita Avenue to Wakefield Drive. The closure will last until 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Drivers will need to use I-10 or Highway 90 as a detour during that time.
- How much rain fell April 14 through April 18?
- Texas man arrested for kidnapping, trafficking, assaulting a child after police rescue 13-year-old from Alabama
- ECSO asking for help finding 14-year-old runaway
- 29-year-old Alabama biker dies after hitting tree
- Man murders girlfriend and shoots 4-year-old, kills self after police pursuit