UPDATE 2/29/20 12:15 PM A project to widen Highway 31 in Spanish Fort reopens ahead of schedule. The section from Rita Avenue to Wakefield Drive closed Friday night. It was supposed to continue through Sunday evening. As of midday Saturday the project is finished.
ORIGINAL STORY: SPANISH FORT, Ala. (WKRG) – Those traveling through Spanish Fort over the coming weekend will find it difficult as construction continues on the Highway 31 widening project.
Beginning on Friday at 9 p.m., Highway 31 will be closed from Rita Avenue to Wakefield Drive. The closure will last until 6 p.m. on Sunday.
Drivers will need to use I-10 or Highway 90 as a detour during that time.
- Don’t come home for Easter, Mexican government tells its citizens abroad
- MCHD: 0-4 year old child tests positive for COVID-19
- University of Arkansas virtual choir’s singing of ‘Alma Mater’ goes viral
- Costco to give health care workers, first responders priority access to stores during coronavirus crisis
- LIVE NOW: Even as virus deaths mount, governments eye exit strategies