(CNN Newsource) – Texas Southern University is offering a full scholarship to George Floyd’s 6-year-old daughter Gianna.
She is the little girl whose words “My daddy changed the world” have been heard around the globe.
The school announced Gianna’s scholarship on Tuesday, the same day her father was laid to rest.
George Floyd was born in North Carolina and grew up in Houston – later moving to Minneapolis, where he died on May 25 while being detained by police.
Floyd graduated from Jack Yates High School which was located right across the street from TSU.
- Biden to issue moratorium on oil and gas leasing on U.S. lands and water
- Border Patrol agents ready to rescue migrants stranded in the snow and other harsh elements
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter