BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — A former officer with the Birmingham Police Department was sent to prison Monday after being convicted of raping a 14-year-old girl between 2008 and 2011.
Peter Williston, 50, was sentenced to 21 years and three months for first-degree rape. Williston, who served 17 years with the BPD, was convicted on the rape charge back in February.
Williston was first arrested and charged with rape in June 2018 after a woman notified the police that he sexually abused her 10 years prior when she was only 14 years old.
- Have the umbrellas ready to go with higher rain chances through the end of the week
- A friendship to remember: A failed cattle dog and a downed calf won’t leave each other’s side
- The pyramids re-open to visitors
- Rescued sea turtles released
- Ducklings get a helping hand from police