JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (WFLA) — A Jacksonville woman won $1 million Monday from a scratch-off lottery ticket she purchased at Publix.
The Florida Lottery says Ursula Honderick purchased a $1,000,000 GOLD RUSH CLASSIC Scratch-Off ticket for just $5 at a Publix in the Orange Park area. She decided to receive her winnings in a one-time lump sum payment of $705,000.
The grocery store will receive a $2,000 bonus for selling the winning ticket.
- Border lawmakers worry about gaps in border security, seek mile-by-mile analysis from DHS
- Man goes into cardiac arrest after being struck by car
- USPS expects mail-in ballot surge, Democrats and Republicans disagree about giving USPS more money to prepare
- Man accused of punching ECSO deputies, K9
- Border city poised to get first-ever immigration court; addition of 100 new judges clears House