MONROE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Florida man was arrested Tuesday night after two bags of amphetamines fell out of his pants in front of deputies.
According to the Monroe County Sheriff’s Office, 44-year-old Travis Holton was taken to jail on Dec. 22.
Deputies said Holton was driving a Ford Fusion around 9:33 p.m. on US-1 when he was stopped because his license plate wasn’t illuminated.
When other deputies got to the scene, a K-9 discovered the presence of drugs in the car. Holton said he didn’t have any, and consented to a car search as well as a search of himself.
When Holton was asked to widen his stance so deputies could search him, two sandwich baggies fell out of his pants.
Holton said the substance was “two ounces of molly.”
The drugs tested positive for amphetamines, weighing a combined 58.5 grams.
Holton was charged with trafficking in amphetamines.
- People camp out for Mobile County Health Department COVID-19 vaccine
- Ramczyk details ‘pride’ Saints take in run game
- Federal judge refuses to release man wearing horns and face paint from custody after Capitol riot
- New Jersey causes stir by making smokers eligible for COVID vaccine
- Flora-Bama stays busy Friday selling lottery tickets