Unedited news release from FDLE Office of Public Information
MARIANNA, Fla. – Agents with the Florida Department of Law Enforcement arrested Eddie Earnest, 51, and Encarnacion Burch, 39, both of Marianna, for theft of copper from a utility or communications service provider. The case was investigated by FDLE and Jackson County Sheriff’s Office. Holmes County Sheriff’s Office and Marianna Police Department also assisted.
The investigation shows Earnest and Burch stole copper telephone communication wire strung between telephone poles, causing outages for numerous customers in Jackson, Holmes and Walton counties. After stealing the wire, the suspects removed the copper, selling it to a second-hand metal dealer.
Agents arrested Earnest and Burch yesterday afternoon, at Earnest’s residence on Mellow Trail in Marianna. The pair was booked into the Jackson County Jail. The Office of the State Attorney, 14th Judicial Circuit, will prosecute the case.
- People magazine reveals its ‘2020 People of the Year’
- Naked stranger, feces-covered walls found inside Tennessee home
- Newsfeed Now: Who will get first COVID-19 vaccines; La. COVID patient receives help from across the country
- Hawaii couple who tested positive for COVID-19 is arrested after boarding flight
- Watch: Grandmother uses table to fight off violent restaurant customer