BATON ROUGE, La. (KLFY) — LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron offered his heartfelt condolences on the passing of UL Lafayette assistant football coach D.J. Looney, who died Saturday following a heart attack during a team workout at Cajun Field.
“Our prayers are with Coach Looney’s family and the Ragin Cajun Football team. He will be missed. God bless.”
Our prayers are with Coach Looney’s family and the Ragin Cajun Football team. He will be missed. God bless— Coach Ed Orgeron (@Coach_EdOrgeron) August 1, 2020
Looney was confirmed dead at University Hospital & Clinics, which is located across the street from Cajun Field.
He was 31 years old.
KLFY Sports Anchor Madeline Adams will have more on this developing story tonight during KLFY News 10 @ 6 and 10 p.m.
- The Rock shares another fanny pack throwback, taken after wrestling for just $40
- Georgia doctor shares tips on recovering from COVID-19 at home
- Family of dead soldier questions US Army’s handling of sexual assault and retaliation
- Madison County man finds drugs in car bought from government auction in Tennessee
- RIP: Mars digger bites the dust after 2 years on red planet