BATON ROUGE, La. (KLFY) — LSU head football coach Ed Orgeron offered his heartfelt condolences on the passing of UL Lafayette assistant football coach D.J. Looney, who died Saturday following a heart attack during a team workout at Cajun Field.
“Our prayers are with Coach Looney’s family and the Ragin Cajun Football team. He will be missed. God bless.”
Our prayers are with Coach Looney’s family and the Ragin Cajun Football team. He will be missed. God bless— Coach Ed Orgeron (@Coach_EdOrgeron) August 1, 2020
Looney was confirmed dead at University Hospital & Clinics, which is located across the street from Cajun Field.
He was 31 years old.
KLFY Sports Anchor Madeline Adams will have more on this developing story tonight during KLFY News 10 @ 6 and 10 p.m.
- Daughter fills out nursing home job application to be with her mom
- Want some coffee with your coffee? Dunkin’ launching cereal line
- 21-year-old Florida man recovers from mild COVID-19, then his organs began to fail
- 2020 Blue Angels Homecoming Air Show canceled
- Man accused of murder last year now faces additional attempted murder charge