NATCHEZ, Miss. (WJTV) – Rescuers saved a dog that was stuck on the U.S. 84 bridge over the Mississippi River between Natchez, Mississippi, and Vidalia, Louisiana. The incident happened on Sunday, September 20, 2020.
According to officials, Stantec Bridge Inspector Craig Jenkins noticed a stranded hound dog on an adjacent bridge structure beneath the bridge deck. Ryan Nataluk, lead climber and rescue technician for Stantec, called police for assistance, and he climbed to the dog.
After checking it for injuries, Nataluk fashioned a makeshift harness out of rope and helped lift the dog to safety. A Natchez police officer took the dog for evaluation.
There’s no word on the dog’s condition at this time.
- Electronic ballot machines tested in Mobile County ahead of Election Day
- TONIGHT: Watch ‘The Big Bang Theory’ on the GCCW & Win BIG for Tommy Tuesdays!
- Naked man rescued from under Shalimar Bridge
- BBB says 80% of online shoppers have been scammed in 2020
- Kimber Arms moves corporate headquarters from New York to Alabama