New details are emerging from the District Attorney’s office regarding the shooting that killed a 21-year-veteran Baton Rouge police officer and critically injured another office who is still fighting for his life at Our Lady of the Lake Hospital.
District Attorney of East Baton Rouge, Hillar Moore says, “My office rarely seeks the death penalty. We do so only in the most serious of cases. The facts as alleged in the affidavits and from information that I have learned are egregious. I obviously have not had the opportunity to speak with the victims’ families and do not know their feelings but hope to do so when it is appropriate. As for me and my office, based on what I know now, I believe that pursing this matter as a death penalty case is what justice would demand.”
- Richmond ‘porch pirate’ dressed as Amazon employee
- Couple holds wedding ceremony outside Richmond living facility for grandmother to see
- Mysterious Utah Monolith disappears
- WEATHER AWARE: Widespread rain, a few strong storms possible
- Man attacking ex-girlfriend in South Pasadena home beaten, stabbed to death by victim’s mother and sister: LASD