Coroner: Woman, 79, dead after car left running accidentally

News

YORK, Pa. (AP) — A vehicle left running accidentally led to the apparent carbon monoxide poisoning death of a woman found in her Pennsylvania home, authorities said.

Lorraine Williams, 79, and her dog were found dead just before 5:30 p.m. Friday in the York Township residence, the York County coroner’s office said Saturday.

“It was apparent that a vehicle had been left accidentally running in the garage,” the coroner’s office said. The vehicle was out of gas with the key in the on position in the ignition, officials said.

Fire department officials reported high carbon monoxide levels in the home initially. Investigators and a deputy coroner entered the home when conditions were safe.

LATEST STORIES:

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest Videos

More Video

More Local News

3-Day Forecast

Trending Stories

Trending Stories