TAMPA, Fl. (WFLA) — Five University of Tampa students are recovering after testing positive for COVID-19 during spring break, the school said.
The university said the students were traveling together and with other UT students during spring break before testing positive. The school didn’t say where they went during their break or if they lived on or off campus.
The school did send its well wishes.
“We sincerely wish our students, and any others who may be affected, a full and rapid recovery,” UT posted on Twitter Saturday night.
The university switched to online classes only on March 17.
- FHP: Man dies after being struck by pick-up truck on Pine Forest Road
- Second woman accuses Governor Cuomo of sexual harassment
- President Joe Biden releases statement on authorization of COVID-19 vaccine
- Motorcyclist leads California Highway Patrol on chase reaching speeds of 120 mph
- FDA authorizes Johnson & Johnson’s single-dose COVID-19 vaccine