TAMPA, Fl. (WFLA) — Five University of Tampa students are recovering after testing positive for COVID-19 during spring break, the school said.
The university said the students were traveling together and with other UT students during spring break before testing positive. The school didn’t say where they went during their break or if they lived on or off campus.
The school did send its well wishes.
“We sincerely wish our students, and any others who may be affected, a full and rapid recovery,” UT posted on Twitter Saturday night.
The university switched to online classes only on March 17.
- Alabama Power: More than 6K Mobile County customers currently without power
- Launch forecast: 50/50 chance weather will cooperate for historic crewed SpaceX launch
- Now is the time to shop with unused gift cards — before it’s too late
- El Paso, Juarez combine for 140 COVID-19 cases, 17 deaths in a single day
- Buffalo shot, nearly decapitated in Tennessee, owner says