BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — CBS 42’s latest special report will take a look at race and policing in central Alabama as well as across the country.
Following the death of George Floyd in Minneapolis, protests against police brutality and calls for defunding police departments have taken over the headlines.
CBS 42 decided to go further and have a conversation with law enforcement, church leaders and social activists in “Race and Policing, We Hear You.”
The guests include Jefferson County District Attorney Danny Carr, retired federal judge U.W. Clemon, FBI Special Agent Johnnie Sharp Jr., Birmingham Police Chief Patrick Smith, Celida Soto Garcia with Alabama Rally Against Injustice, Pastor Eva Melton with Firm Foundation Church and Rev. Katie Gilbert with the First United Methodist Church.
This hour-long special will be shown on-air from 6:30 p.m. to 7 p.m. and online from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- California to study reparations for Black Americans
- Alabama Power customers to receive a $25 credit this month
- 2 former Selma law enforcement officers indicted on use of excessive force charges
- BIKER DAD: Little Indian for kids designed to pass on passion for motorcycles
- Newsfeed Now: Burn victim goes viral on TikTok; Sonic employees go over & beyond for 7-year-old in Arkansas