(CNN Newsource) – 7-Eleven’s parent company is buying the Speedway gas station chain from Marathon Petroleum.
Japanese retail giant Seven & i Holdings is paying 21 billion dollars for the chain.
The cash deal is one of the biggest acquisitions in the world announced since the coronavirus pandemic hit.
Seven & i Holdings says it’s the largest in the company’s history.
In addition to 21,000 convenience stores in Japan, Seven & i also has nearly 9,800 stores in the U.S. and Canada.
Shares of Seven & i dropped nearly 9 percent in Monday trading in Tokyo amid concern over the steep price tag of the deal.
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday
- Mnuchin and Powell urge support for unemployment relief and small business loans
- 2-alarm Fire fire at Yester Oaks apartments in Mobile
- How people feel about Baldwin’s beaches staying closed
- NewsNation/Emerson poll: Biden has slight lead over President Trump