BELVIDERE, Ill. (WTVO) — Stateline bikers rode together on Saturday to support a family still grieving the loss of their son. American Legion Riders honored Justin Anderson, who died in a snowmobile accident earlier this year.
The COVID-19 pandemic has taken a toll on the family financially as well.
The event included lunch and raffles with all funds going to the Anderson family. Organizers say the family constantly gives back to the community, so they wanted to return the favor.
“I knew Justin since the day he was born. I’ve known the family for years. [They’re] good people. They’d do anything for anybody..They’ll help anybody,” said Wiliam Myers, the President of 72 Twisted Shifters.
Organizers say they may set up a GoFundMe page in the future.
- BIKER DAD: First biker turns himself in for Florida road rage attack caught on camera
- BIKER DAD: Florida man accused of drunk motorcycle crash into cop car
- BIKER DAD: Benefit ride Sunday for Mobile mom battling stage 4 cancer
- BIKER DAD: Motorcyclist booked on felony homicide in deadly San Francisco Bay Bridge crash
- World’s highest motorcycle museum, hundreds of rare bikes go up in flames