Loxley, AL (WKRG) - Just in time for Veterans Day, a special ceremony is happening Saturday morning at Loxley Municipal Park. Members of the town council, special guests and others will dedicate the new Loxley Veterans Monument this morning at 10. The recently completed monument sits just feet from the heavily traveled Highway 59 in Loxley. It is a brick wall with seals for each of the five branches of the military. The display includes six flagpoles.
Organizers say this is a project they planned for years and this was the year where the timing and the funding worked out. The monument is hard to miss sitting on the highway and it's well lit during the night. It may be the most visible tribute to veterans in Baldwin County.
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Man accused of killing Faith Academy teacher in court Wednesday
- BREAKING: Moe's Southwest Grill in West Mobile robbed
- Popular youth football coach passes away
- Habitat for Humanity of Southwest AL receives $180,00 grant from Wells Fargo