ORANGE BEACH, Ala. (WKRG) - The Blue Marlin Grand Championship is underway at The Wharf in Orange Beach.
The first blue marlin of the tournament was brought to the marina Friday morning. It was 109.75 inches long and weighed 507 pounds.
Weigh-ins are from 5-8 p.m. Friday and from 5-10 p.m. Saturday.
The marlin caught in the tournament are donated to a local non-profit called One Meal. The organization provides meals for the less fortunate in the Mobile area.
"We do 150 meals every Sunday," said Mike McKinley, CEO of One Meal. "Through the tournaments I take part in, I get enough fish to last through the whole year once the season is over."
Fish die-off, jellyfish
Daphne burglary suspect in custody
- Copyright 2018 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
- Okaloosa county man charged with soliciting sex from a child
- Milton man wounded by shotgun blast during home invasion
- Family: "We are looking for a miracle." Pensacola boaters still missing
- Search continues for three Pensacola boaters