PROVIDENCE, R.I. (WPRI) ─ Pizza lovers may soon have to skip the pepperoni.
Two main reasons cited for the pepperoni shortage include the lack of employees at pork processing plants and a high demand for pizza, both of which are likely caused by the coronavirus pandemic.
Like many businesses, pork processors have had to lay of hundreds of employees in order to cut costs due to the pandemic, forcing them to streamline operations.
So far, larger pizza chains haven’t been impacted by the shortage since they buy their ingredients through long-term contacts, according to Bloomberg.
- Merck to help make J&J’s COVID-19 vaccine, Biden admin official says
- Will Nostradamus’ predictions come true? CDC offers tips to survive zombie apocalypse just in case
- Oregon could become second state to allow human composting
- Mitt Romney left with black eye after being knocked unconscious in fall
- Markers in blood appear to predict severe COVID-19 infection