BELLAIRE, Ohio (WTRF) “It’s a rite of passage — but this year the kids came home with more than sand in their shorts–they got COVID 19,” said Bellaire Schools Superintendent Darren Jenkins.
He said the numbers are unclear, and it was a diverse group.
“There were graduating seniors from our district and Shadyside and other places.” said Jenkins.
“There were underclassmen, and there were those who had graduated several years ago.”
So Bellaire has suspended all extracurricular activities for the time being, and has closed the buildings to everyone.
He says the schools will be deep cleaned and sanitized, and activities will only be resumed when everyone is out of quarantine.
- House passes sweeping voting rights bill over GOP opposition
- Anti-union Amazon workers share concerns over upcoming vote
- Third stimulus check: Some Senate Dems call for automatic payments
- A tale of two states: People react to mask mandate changes
- Texas grid operator CEO will be terminated after mass blackouts during winter storm