(WROC) – The ALS Association confirmed on Sunday that the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge co-creator Patrick Quinn has died after a seven-year battle with the disease. Quinn was 37 years old.
“The Ice Bucket challenge dramatically accelerated the fight against ALS, leading to new research discoveries, expansion of care for people with ALS, and greater investment by the government in ALS research,” the ALS Association tweeted. “He will be missed, but he will continue to inspire us until we have a world without ALS.”
- Socially distanced Mardi Gras boat parade set for next month on Fish River
- Mayor of Pocono Borough confirms shots fired, 4 victims at multiple scenes
- Pensacola Opera season opens Wednesday at Saenger with COVID-19 protocols
- ‘Tired of being divided’: Garth Brooks to sing at Biden inaugural
- Biden to block Trump’s plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions