CHILTON COUNTY, Ala. (WIAT) — A Chilton County High School employee is behind bars facing charges of sex with a student under the age of 19.
Ashlee Steinman, the Chilton County High School band director, according to the school’s website, was booked Tuesday, Feb. 9.
Steinman is facing one charge of school employee with student under the age of 19 and another charge of school employee sexual contact with a student, arrest records show.
Steinman remains in Clanton City Jail with no bond.
- COVID-19 relief package hangs in the balance as lawmakers stay along party lines
- COVID-19 bill can’t include $15 minimum wage hike, Senate referee says
- ‘I hope I make it’: 7-year-old Alabama girl selling lemonade to fund her own brain surgeries
- COVID-19 vaccine clinic for people with Down syndrome and developmental and intellectual disabilities set for Feb. 26
- Man sentenced to 24 years on child pornography charges