MOBILE, Ala. (WKRG) — Thousands of students in Mobile County Public Schools are returning to class this Monday, Oct. 5, and the school system is reminding commuters to slow down in school zones.
Drivers should plan to leave for work a few minutes early as crossing guards will be out, as students will be walking to school and crossing streets, and as hundreds of buses will be on the road. Speed limit signs will be posted, and speed limits will be enforced. Also, it is against the law to pass a bus when its stop-arm camera is out indicating that students are boarding or exiting.
- Hank Aaron Statue Unveiled in 2017
- Newsfeed Now: Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill; Texas group prepares Biden lawsuits
- Orange Beach High School principal on administrative leave
- LIVE: Alabama COVID-19 vaccination update
- CDC recommends against getting other vaccines close to when you get the COVID-19 vaccine