(CNN) — 97-thousand gallons of red wine spilled into a creek January 22, 2020 on Wednesday — That’s enough to fill eight large tanker trucks.
Most of the wine is believed to have made its way into the Russian River, which flows into the Pacific Ocean.
The Governor’s Office of Emergency Services says a blending tank door at Rodney Strong Vineyards popped open — spilling the wine.
There have been no reports of fish death —
But the acidity in the wine could kill insects the fish feed on.
The winery says it is conducting an internal investigation and cooperating with authorities.
- How states are planning for coronavirus vaccine distribution
- Fire reported at peanut plant north of Atmore
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Ohio police suspend officer caught on video dragging teen
- Pink’s husband shares why he’s teaching his 3- and 9-year-old children to handle firearms