HARTFORD, S.D. (KELO) — A 6-week-old baby died after suffering several dog bite wounds on Thursday evening in South Dakota, the Minnehaha County Sheriff’s Office announced.
The child was flown by helicopter to a hospital but later died, according to authorities.
The dog involved was a Belgian Malinois and was a family pet. The dog has been taken to the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society.
According to the American Kennel Club, the Belgian Malinois breed typically stands 22 to 26 inches tall and is “strong and well-muscled.”
- Daphne tree lighting takes place Thursday on heels of other event cancellations
- Joe Biden to keep Dr. Fauci on staff, call for 100 days of mask-wearing
- Mobile County doctors concerned with rising hospitalization rates
- Gary Finch Outdoors: Fishing for Flounder
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout