(CNN) — Louisiana State Police are searching for a 12-year-old girl after authorities say she was taken from a hospital at gunpoint by her grandmother.
According to police, Andreana Miller was abducted by Evelyn Miller Friday night.
It happened at the Ochsner Hospital in Jefferson Parish.
Police haven’t released any details about why the girl was at the hospital or what caused the grandmother to leave the facility with the child.
Police believe Miller may be armed with a revolver style pistol.
- WATCH: Dozens of fish wash up on the causeway after Zeta
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida
- Mobile Fire-Rescue responded to 113 calls during Hurricane Zeta
- Drug cartel wars leave 12 dead, 4 missing in Chihuahua
- West Point-bound Javonte Graves-Billips scores Player of the Week