BIRMINGHAM, Ala. (WIAT) — Birmingham Fire and Rescue crews are working to remove a person from a vehicle in an accident off of I-20/59.
Around 6:21 p.m., Birmingham fire crews responded to a motor vehicle accident where one person was ejected from the car and another was left stuck inside, according to Birmingham Fire. The accident happened near I-20/59 on Valley Road.
The person ejected from the vehicle was sent to UAB and the other person inside the vehicle has been pronounced dead by Birmingham Fire and Rescue.
Crews are working to remove the person from the vehicle.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Border Patrol agents ready to rescue migrants stranded in the snow and other harsh elements
- Former Super Bowl Champs settle Saints Jameis vs. Taysom debate
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- MPD: Traffic stop turns deadly after man armed with knife runs from police