LARIMER COUNTY, Colo. (KDVR) – A deputy and citizen were attacked by a mountain lion in Larimer County, Colorado, Wednesday afternoon.
The attack happened as deputies from the Larimer County Sheriff’s Office and game wardens from Colorado Parks and Wildlife responded to a reported mountain lion attack in unincorporated Larimer County/Loveland.
After tracking the animal from the original site to a trailer park, the mountain lion attacked a deputy. Multiple shots were fired at the animal, but it continued moving east across the river and to a home near Highway 34.
A CPW game warden shot and killed the animal near the home. Both the injured citizen and deputy were transported to local hospitals with non-life-threatening injuries.
- US Senators to schedule an emergency hearing on police reform
- Why has the rain not improved our drought?
- As Trump signs religious freedom order, photo ops criticized
- In wake of violent protests, lawmakers call for change
- MCHD testing healthcare facility employees for COVID-19