BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — A New York police officer and a state trooper were seriously injured after being hit by a car Monday night.
The driver and passengers of the vehicle were taken into custody, and both officers were in stable condition, according to Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz.
Police said the car drove through a line of officers at a protest on Buffalo’s East Side.
Both officers were taken to a hospital with serious injuries. Police also reported that two people had been shot and advised people to avoid the area.
- Lamar goes on shopping spree with WKRG’s Magical Christmas Toy Drive
- VIDEO: Police chase starting in Mississippi ends on I-65 in Mobile
- ‘Believe in miracles’: 21-year-old survives cardiac arrest, being taken off life support
- Texas school district removes football team from playoffs after player attacks referee
- Baldwin County communities continue with holiday celebrations while others scale back