(CNN) – San Diego authorities rescued a man and his two daughters after their vehicle flew off Sunset Cliffs.
A police spokesperson says a woman called to say her husband was suicidal.
She told authorities that he threatened to drive off the Coronado Bridge.
San Diego police arrived at the scene of the accident and an officer used a 100-foot-long dog tether to get to the truck.
The officer got the man and his twin 2-year-olds out of the vehicle and onto the shore.
The girls were taken to a local hospital, no word on their conditions.
The man, whose identity has not been released, is in custody, accused of attempted murder.
- Caught on camera: Wildfire engulfs home
- Fact check: A look at claims from Trump and Biden’s first debate
- Personal jet pack as a rescue device
- Business leaders can’t wait for new California border crossing
- Poll: More than a third of Americans won’t even trust their doctor to tell them a COVID-19 vaccine is safe