ORLANDO, Fla. (CNN) – TSA officials say an airline passenger at a Florida airport recently used a baby toy to try to smuggle ammunition onto a plane.
The high-capacity gun magazines were hidden inside a Prop-A-Pillar baby support toy, according to an online post by the agency. The post says the toy and the box were made to look factory-sealed.
But officers at Orlando International Airport took a closer look at the toy after an x-ray screening. That’s when the TSA says officers found and confiscated the ammunition. Police were also notified.
“Not to talk to you like a baby, but ‘magazines go in your checked bag. Not in the bag you carry-on. I got your nose!’” the TSA wrote in its post.
According to the agency, officers discovered more than 200 guns in carry-on bags nationwide during a recent two-week period. The agency is urging passengers to read TSA guidelines on transporting firearms.
- Gulf Shores City Schools to return to the classroom September 28th
- LIVE NOW: Nick Saban, Alabama football players speak ahead of SEC kickoff Saturday
- Indiana county bans blowing grass clippings into streets to protect bikers
- 90-year-old Korean War Veteran surprised with motorcycle birthday parade
- Nearly 100,000 businesses have permanently closed since March. Yelp says these are the hardest hit shops