(CNN) — Going through airport security can be a hassle, but you expect it. For one woman in Minneapolis though, it’s what a TSA agent did with her hair that was completely unexpected.
“My hair was behind my head, she just kind of like whipped my hair like reins and was like, ‘giddy-up’ and laughing and I was immediately like, ‘No that’s not OK,’” Tara Houska said.
It didn’t stop there. Houska, who is Native American, says the agent told her she needed to check her braids for security reasons. All of this happened as she was returning from a climate protest in Washington, D.C., on Monday morning.
The agent eventually apologized and the TSA director in Minnesota also reached out to apologize. The TSA even told her they may invite her to speak with agents.
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- “Amazing little town.” Film shot in Fairhope debuts Friday, city gets Hollywood shout-on on national TV
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book
- Eugene Goodman: Kamala Harris escorted by hero Capitol police officer who diverted mob
- Healthcare Workers Discuss Their Experiences With Moderna Vaccine