(CNN) — Going through airport security can be a hassle, but you expect it. For one woman in Minneapolis though, it’s what a TSA agent did with her hair that was completely unexpected.
“My hair was behind my head, she just kind of like whipped my hair like reins and was like, ‘giddy-up’ and laughing and I was immediately like, ‘No that’s not OK,’” Tara Houska said.
It didn’t stop there. Houska, who is Native American, says the agent told her she needed to check her braids for security reasons. All of this happened as she was returning from a climate protest in Washington, D.C., on Monday morning.
The agent eventually apologized and the TSA director in Minnesota also reached out to apologize. The TSA even told her they may invite her to speak with agents.
- Vigor HS Principal ‘Fed up’ with Prichard Stadium
- MCSO searching for missing 4-year-old girl in Mobile
- President Trump sets date to announce SCOTUS pick as GOP locks in votes needed to confirm nominee
- “42 years worth of furniture in the front yard,” families along Styx River experience debilitating flood damage
- Murphy Panthers collecting Sally Relief supplies at game Friday